KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp/expressionparser

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 20 08:47:07 UTC 2007

On 19.06.07 19:56:33, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Jun 19, 2007, at 6:06 AM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > SVN commit 677550 by apaku:
> >
> > Make dashboard happy.
> >
> > I think we should compile kdevelop and kdevplatform using -pedantic
> > (thats what
> > dashboard uses), just add -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-pedantic to the cmake
> > call.
> >
> > @David: I understand why you put a ; after macros, but whats the
> > purpose of ; after a namespace-closing-brace??
> >
> > CCMAIL:kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org
> >

> I think we should better learn C++ as that will tell us where we can
> use semicolons and where we should avoid them. ;) But using -pedantic
> doesn't hurt either. ;)

The thing is, dashboard is using -pedantic, so everytime we check in
something that works without, but not with dashboard (like extra ; after
a namespace or macro) we break the build on dashboard and somebody has
to sit down, go to the source and fix it. IMHO its easier to compile
with -pedantic and then change those things bevfore comitting.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.