Reorganizing the kdevplatform structure

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 12 10:06:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

apparently the new way of generating apidocs doesn't work that well with
our current layout. Specifically the apidocs contain the src entry and
the various libraries under that. This doesn't look nice and (more
important) it triggers a bug (or missing feature, however you want to
put it) in KDevelop3's documentation part (the various classes and libs
are not accesible at all).

Now I can somewhat fix the bug by removing the Mainpage.dox from the
various lib-subdirs inside src (i.e. remove src/interfaces Mainpage.dox)
and merge the information into src/Mainpage.dox. The downside of this is
that we#d then have all classes inside the src-module apidoc-wise (i.e.
the navigation sidebar has only src and all classes are in that list). I
don't think thats really useful either.

So I propose to remove src and put the various libraries directly into
the module, i.e. mv kdevplatform/src/interfaces kdevplatform/interfaces.
Thats the same as kdelibs does and provides nicer apidoc pages and you
don't need to patch kdevelop3's documentation plugin to work with this.

Objections?

You get along very well with everyone except animals and people.