KDE

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 11 17:42:32 UTC 2007

On 11.06.07 11:28:19, dukju ahn wrote:
> > > I got it. Then we should discuss which view among the bunch of other views
> > > will have focus, and how does the user specifies which view should be active.
> > > Or, More radically, we can introduce the concept of "active tab".
> > > Only after the default view(or tab) is set, we can use shortcut key to
> > > show next/prev.
> >
> > Yeap, that is my idea as well, am not sure though wether its the best
> > thing to do, it surely is the easiest thing.
> >
> > > To enable these, one option is introducing context menu in each view,
> > > such as "set as default".
> >
> > I don't like "default" as name and I don't think a context menu is good
> > (too much work to change).
> >
> > What about a button on the left corner of the tabs that just make the
> > outputview where its clicked "active".
>
> Button is good. What I'm worried is if it is small, it is hard to be clicked.

Well, its the same size as the close-button for the tabs. So that should
be sufficient. Also I doubt that this will be changed that much...

> Besides the button, we can set active when user double clicked
> certain tab or tab-title. Both of the thing( button, dblclick ) should be
> implemented.

Hmm, thats not right. We activated the outputview, not a certain tab.

> > > I can't understand "next/prev output-shortcut go through this outputview-tab."
> >
> > Thats what the user wants, if he presses "next/prev shortcut key" he
> > wants this to cycle through the outputview tab that he "wants", not the
> > last one he clicked on.
>
> Isn't this choosing an active tab?  Then another shortcut key is needed,
> because next/prev error only acts on already installed active tab.

Sigh, seems like I can't express myself. That sentence I wrote is what a
user would want to see as Kdevelop's behaviour when fixing errors in 1
project, while monitoring anothers build. In that case the user would
want to have next/prev jump in the outputview-tab that has the fist
process build, not the second one (even if he just clicked the tab for
the second projects build output to make it visible).

Anyway, as we already agreed on a way to set a certain outputview active
thats not a problem anymore.

You feel a whole lot more like you do now than you did when you used to.