KDE

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 11 15:02:54 UTC 2007

On 11.06.07 09:30:09, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/6/11, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:

> > > Is the last activated tab is different from currently looked tab? I thought
> > > its same.
> >
> > Yes, because you may have 2 outputviews open at the same time. But they
> > don't have the same tab shown at the same time. Now with the current
> > code you show next/prev error for the tab that was last activated in
> > either of the 2 views. However that may not be what the user wants,
> > maybe he opened the 2nd view to monitor the build of another project and
> > to see that he needed to activate the tab showing the build. Now to use
> > the next/prev thing he needs to change to a different tab and then back
> > to the one with the errors in the first outputview.
>
> I got it. Then we should discuss which view among the bunch of other views
> will have focus, and how does the user specifies which view should be active.
> Or, More radically, we can introduce the concept of "active tab".
> Only after the default view(or tab) is set, we can use shortcut key to
> show next/prev.

Yeap, that is my idea as well, am not sure though wether its the best
thing to do, it surely is the easiest thing.

> To enable these, one option is introducing context menu in each view,
> such as "set as default".

I don't like "default" as name and I don't think a context menu is good
(too much work to change).

What about a button on the left corner of the tabs that just make the
outputview where its clicked "active". Then we can go on with visible
tab receives next/prev signals. This is rather easy to implement, all
that is needed is the button and then all outputwidget's will connect to
the next/prev signals, but they will only do something if the button is
pressed. Well, a signal is also needed, such that all outputwidgets get
notified when another widget is activated.

Also I guess we should do something with the background of the
outputwidget class (or something else) to make it more visible which
outputview is active.

> > > but no big deal here Anyway, I have another idea to enable this. See
> > > my different post.
> >
> > That wouldn't help at all. We need to think about an easy way to say: I
> > want next/prev output-shortcut go through this outputview-tab.
>
> I can't understand "next/prev output-shortcut go through this outputview-tab."

Thats what the user wants, if he presses "next/prev shortcut key" he
wants this to cycle through the outputview tab that he "wants", not the
last one he clicked on.

Long life is in store for you.