Porting CTags plugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 10 19:15:45 UTC 2007

On 10.06.07 14:28:07, dukju ahn wrote:
> I'd like to port CTags plugin, one of the plugins I like most.
>
> Does the CTags maintainer have plan to port it someday? IIRC,
> I saw him on list this february but I didn't see him afterward.

Megan is not the Maintainer, but she worked on it. It seems that she
currently doesn't have much time. Also she wanted to look into other
tools than CTags, on my list there's also CScope.

> Where should Ctags go? I think kdevplatform is suitable place for it.
> but I'm double check because other people can have different opinion
> >from me.

No, KDevPlatform is for stuff that can be used in any application thats
built on it and we should strive to keep the plugin list there small.

Also I actually hope that Ctags is not needed in KDevelop4, because the
language support will provide whats needed to get the same things.

Excellent day for putting Slinkies on an escalator.