Cannot create a plugin for kdevelop 3.4

cedric cedric.borgese at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 22:34:33 UTC 2007

> That sounds like you haven't defined any platform property in .desktop
> file and KDevelop does not load it because it doesn't know it should.

> You can try using smth like
> X-KDevelop-Properties=AdditionalTools

it was effectivly missing. thank for the hint.
the second bad value in the .desktop file was X-KDevelop-Version=3 instead of
4.
When I add a property and set the X-KDevelop-Version to 4, my plugin loaded
succesfully.
I suggest to fix the template.

> To get the idea of what properties available and when they are loaded,
> run kdevprofileeditor program. Also after setting the property and
> installing your plugin make sure kdevprofileeditor lists it.

I didn't know kdevprofileeditor, it's a nice tool :)

again, thanks for your help.

Cédric.