VcsRevision usage question.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 7 23:11:18 UTC 2007

On 07.06.07 14:11:26, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Robert Gruber wrote:
> > While porting CVS plugin to our new VCS-interface
> > I got stopped by VcsRevision having no implementation.
>
> I think that's because each plug-in is supposed to provide its own
> implementation, because it may differ, e.g. CVS has only FileNumber's
> and they look different than FileNumber's in, say, Perforce.

I think thats not going to work, unless we allocate VcsRevisions on the heap
which I don't think we should.

Robert I didn't yet look at your implementation, but I was planning to
get implementations for most of the vcshelpers ready by the end of the
weekend.

> > While implementing I asked myself, what's the deal with
> > the RevisionSpecialType enum. I can't see anything using it.
> > Shouldn't there be something like:
> > void setSpecialRevision(RevisionSpecialType type);
>
> The intent was to provide global static instances of e.g. HEAD, BASE,
> etc. I don't think we ever got around to this; they probably should be
> listed in vcshelpers.h.
>
> Andreas, does this look OK?

I think no. But I have to think about it a bit more...

Your fly might be open (but don't check it just now).