VcsRevision usage question.

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 5 17:37:07 UTC 2007

dukju ahn wrote:
> I'm not discussing the interface. I'm asking the usages.

Ok. These are good questions, btw, thanks for asking!

> When revision is RevisionType::GlobalNumber, then does the
> QString revisionValue() returns the number using QString::fromInt()??

Sounds right, so you might have e.g. "651432" (that's a QString). Or...
I wonder if we should standardize that between FileNumber and
GlobalNumber, there is a specific prefix, e.g. GlobalNumber might always
start with 'r' (or '@'?) and FileNumber might always start with '#'?

> When revision is RevisionType::Date, then what is the format
> of QString revisionValue() ?

IIRC it should be a QDate-parsable string. We should probably specify a
standard format (which may be 'use a system-configured format', but the
point is we should be consistent across VCS's).

> Lastly, when revision is RevisionType::Special, what is the format of
> QString revisionValue()? Is it just int? or string such as "Head"?

It would be e.g. "HEAD", possibly all upper case like that. Again we
should standardize this.

We should also update the doc with such information.

--
Matthew
ESIG: .sig file not available