QFileSystemWatcher vs KDirWatch

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 08:56:11 UTC 2007

Is the problem in KDirWatch is too serious to be usable? Because,
I found strange bug in QFileSysWatcher, especially for fileChanged().

In my simple test program, when I edit a file that is being monitored,
fileChanged() signal is emitted multiples of times. When the size of
file is small (up to few kilobytes) it is ok, but when filesize becomes
larger(300kb), same signal is emitted 20~30 times.
It caused application hanging because QTextStream should parse
that big fie 20~30 times again and again

I sent qt mailing-list subscribe mail. But don't try to use filesyswatcher
for a moment, unless we found what's more stable between
KDirWatch or QFileSysWatcher..