KDE/kdevelop/buildtools/builders/qmakebuilder

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jul 26 09:42:22 UTC 2007

On 25.07.07 23:24:37, Matt Rogers wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2007, at 6:51 PM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>
> > SVN commit 691596 by apaku:
> >
> > Allow to easily retrieve the exact binary used in a project. This
> > will be used by the QMake Manager.
> >
> > CC'ing kdevelop-devel to get some input on a question wrt. to this
> > change:
> > Would it be better to offer something like
> > QString queryQMake(const QString& var, KDevelop::IProject*)
> > which would basically run qmake -query var and return the result?
> >
> > I need a way in the qmake manager to run qmake -query var but am
> > not 100%
> > sure which of the two API's is "better" and I'd like to not
> > hardcode the qmake group
> > config-key in two places..
> >
> > CCMAIL:kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org
>
> how often are you going to be doing this qmake querying do you think?

Once for each project upon opening and the eventually when the user
changes the qmake binary setting. So its rather seldom.

> The queryQMake function sounds like a nice solution to me.

So you think it makes more sense to have this function in the
qmake-builder than in the qmake-manager? (Just in case I wasn't clear:
The function exists anyway, I'm just not sure where to put it).

Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted before.