Standard difference viewer

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jul 25 13:15:30 UTC 2007

On 25.07.07 14:29:31, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 July 2007 13:28:26 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I still think we might
> > need our own diff-widget implementation, but we surely can't work
> > with plain execution of an external program. That works for viewing a
> > diff, but we want to have interactivity with the diff-viewer.
>
> KDiff3 allows 3 way diff and allows interactivity (you can edit the result of
> the merge)
> So external proccess might be a good solution.

But it doesn't allow to resolve the svn file, so the user has to do that
manually when back in kdevelop.

Apart from that kdiff3 doesn't allow to set the title for the 3 files,
which might be a good idea because when svn finds a conflict all you get
is foo.theirs, foo.mine and (IIRC) foo.rXXX

And what happens if the user doesn't have KDiff3? I mean we don't have
a build-time-dep, we have a runtime dep, so we need an option B (or
present an ugly error message).

You will become rich and famous unless you don't.