Removing some functionality from custommakefile support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jul 22 23:53:33 UTC 2007

On 22.07.07 18:55:23, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 22 July 2007 11:26, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > I also noticed probably the same and I think too it's not ideal.
> > > When doing rm myfile.cpp; cvs up myfile.cpp to restore a file to the
> > > original cvs state kdevelop notices that it doesn't exist anymore,
> > > removes it from its internal list of project files and doesn't seem to
> > > add it again, which has the effect that Quick open project files works
> > > worse the longer kdevelop is running (in days).
> >
> > Well, thats what Add new files to project is for. The custom makefile
>

> I think you misunderstood. I have a file which is part of the project, then
> delete it and get it again from cvs. Then kdevelop will have removed it from
> the project files for this session.

Right, because it removes files automatically when they're removed from
disk. However it also monitors the directories for newly added files and
keeps a list of those. However its not sensible to automatically add
these to the project list so there's a menu option which presents you
with any "new" files (i.e. files that weren't in the projectlist when
kdevelop started or were removed and re-added) and you can select which
ones to add to the project and which don't get added.

The problem is that the dirwatching and the amount of code afterwards
(because from the dir watching I don't get more information than: hey
there happened something in here) is pretty expensive. So thats what
will be removed, which of course will "fix" your problem as the file
won't get removed unless you close and re-open the project after
removing and before cvs up.

Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply.