Standard difference viewer

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 20 17:52:41 UTC 2007

On 20.07.07 19:39:34, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 20.07.07 12:36:37, dukju ahn wrote:

> > > I'm not aware of any other diff viewers. The question is: What exactly
> > > should a diff viewer do? Just display the diff with some jump
> > > forward/backward using some highlighting? That should be easily doable
> > > with kate.
> > >
> > > Or what else do you have in mind?
> >
> > Yes. I meant the picture at
> > http://www.caffeinated.me.uk/kompare/
> >
> > Kate can't do that right?
>
> No, then I misunderstood you. I thought you just wanted to display a
> unified diff, but you actually want to display the differences between
> old and new version of a file (wether old comes from svn repo or not).
>
> I suggest to look into the 3way-kompare branch,

That branch looks promising, although it seems outdated and its also not
merged into trunk/ as far as I can see :( So you better contact the
kompare devs about their plans (they already provide a kpart and a good
enough looking interface).

Your motives for doing whatever good deed you may have in mind will be
misinterpreted by somebody.