KDevelop UI

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Jul 20 02:50:03 UTC 2007

On Thursday 19 July 2007 15:33, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On 7/19/07, Roberto Raggi <roberto at kdevelop.org> wrote:
> > I like Qt dock widgets too, I think they are great. But, I'm not not
> > sure I want to use dock widgets in an IDE.
>
> Well, I sorta miss ideal too ;) The only thing is that we were
> discussing ui at akademy 2006 and agreed that we'd better use qt4
> dockwidgets. So, shall we reconsider that now?

If I remember correctly one main issue was that with Qt4 vertical text in the
tabs for the tooldocks are (were ?) not possible.

Personally I liked the ideal mode very much, with automatic closing of the
tooldocks when you selected what you needed (which is not anymore the case
with simple ideal).

I for one like to have basically all room for editing and having tabs/docks
only open when actually doing something in them.

Bye
Alex