KDevelop UI

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Thu Jul 19 21:04:41 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas!

Il giorno 19/lug/07, alle ore 22:02, Andreas Pakulat ha scritto:
> We already have that, its called Area in Sublime.

oops! I didn't know that :-) I'm sure you can easly integrate ideal
with the existing code. btw you should advertise more the features
you have in KDevelop 4, you know what is the problem of KDevelop 4?
I'm not talking about sublime, I'm talking about KDevelop as project.
Well, the *big* problem is you have a lot of cool stuff, interesting
features, amazing design patterns, a very modern framework *but* when
you start KDevelop4 the only thing you see is a top level widget
(400x400 pixels) with a combo box and an iPod-like file browser. You
look at it and you say what the hell is this thing!? :-) if you don't
have time to look at the code you will never know that KDevelop4 is
more than a top level widget and a combo box. A lot of developers I
know are 100% sure that KDevelop 4 is a dead project and that is so
depressing.

> Why not? Why has Designer dockwidgets then ;)

this is a very long story :-) I added dock widgets later, customers
feedback ;) but as you know the default UI in Designer is not using
dock widgets and workspaces but I still like dock widgets. It's just
that I like other things too

> Oh and I forgot X11 license :)

See? no problem. MIT/X11is the license that you are using in qmake.g
and I'm using in ideal, kdev-pg (not in the application but in the
SDK kdevelop-pg/include) and the r++ preprocessor

ciao robe