RFC: Structure of background parser and language support

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Tue Jul 17 23:05:14 UTC 2007

> As I've said on irc, we don't want ICore to be global static because
> it's an interface and I think language controller is a good owner for
> the bg parser (and maybe duchain as well) as bg parser is certainly
> language-oriented.

As it seems we don't want to use singleton objects, I will change the background
parser implementation.  I think there are a few others that didn't get that memo,
though, as it's all over the language support and also in the editor integrator code.
ICore is not a singleton object.  ICore simply has a static pointer that is set in the
constructor and cleard in the desctructor.  It was to allow access to ICore from the
backbground parser without having to set it somehow.  This may no longer be
necessary once I change it.

Kris Wong