RFC: Structure of background parser and language support

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Tue Jul 17 20:41:17 UTC 2007

Hi Kris!

Il giorno 17/lug/07, alle ore 19:59, Kris Wong ha scritto:

>> This should not be a problem. Currently each bg parser is owned by
>> KDevelop::Language instance, just make KDevelop::LanguageController
>> own the bg parser and change Language to use it.
>
> I went the same route as DUChain and created one static backgroud
> parser
> that can be accessed via BackgroundParser::self().  Neither
> Language nor
> LanguageController use the background parser presently.

do you really need to use singletons in the 4th generation of
KDevelop? :-) I have nothing against singletons. I know people do
amazing stuff with them (see eclipse). But, I really think you
shouldn't use singletons in KDevelop 4, they just make the code flow
more difficult to follow. For example, you don't even know when the
instance is created.

ciao robe