[KDev3.4] Adding additional but *important* message to stable branch

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas webmaster at kdevelop.org
Tue Jul 17 16:26:16 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 July 2007 18:05:19 dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/7/17, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > On 17.07.07 05:29:20, dukju ahn wrote:
> > No, unless you get the Ok from the i18n people and maybe also the Ok
> > from release team is required (not sure about that one). And you should
> > probably formulate the text you want to display before that.
>
> If i18n people disagree, why not release without any translation??
Me agrees.

> I think bug freeness is more important than translation. In svn+ssh case,
> it is considered as bug by users although it's not a bug.
> And who is release team exactly?
Matt is the release coordinator for the 3.4 releases.

> Wasn't Matt maintainer of kdevelop?
Yes, but I am the one doing the bi-weakly binary snapshots release.
AFAIK mattr has not released any KDevelop 3.4.x version yet.

The question is, should we officially release 3.4.2 in the begining of August
and Kdevelop 3.4.3 together with KDE 3.5.x in October, or just release with
KDE in October and just keep releasing binary snapshots ?

I would prefer to do an intermidiate release, after all more than 28 bugs have
been fixed since 3.4.1.

--
Amilcar Lucas
Webmaster