RFC: Structure of background parser and language support

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Wed Jul 11 15:38:41 UTC 2007

> The only thing that comes to my mind is that you should not assume
that
> a language plugin has exactly one parser to offer. In the case of
Quanta
> we might implement different parsers for different mimetypes we want
> support.

You want a one to many relationship between a language and its
parser(s)?  I can't see a benefit of trying to parse the same language
in different ways.  Also, the platform does not currently support this.
You can, however, have multiple languages loaded for the same file
(i.e., HTML/PHP/CSS/JS).  Would this accomplish what it is you need to
support?

Kris Wong