Adding QtDesigner custom widget plugin for KConfigXT

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:15:32 UTC 2007

2007/7/8, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> On 08.07.07 08:10:42, Adam Treat wrote:
> > On Sunday 08 July 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > IMHO thats not right. At least not if we want to allow to have multiple
> > > run/debug setups for each project. Then you'll also want to have
> > > different environment for each of them. So you'd also need a different
> > > environment setting for the build process.
> >
> > Then have multiple run/debug setups for each project.  Doesn't mean that the
> > rest of KDevelop can't sync environment when you change the setup though.
> >
> > Just use the widget and let everything sync to that and provide a way for
> > switching setups.  The environment settings should be universal for all
> > external processes though and the user should only have to set it once, not 8
> > different times in different places.
>
> I think I'm missing something here. Where exactly are changes to
> environment settings needed? As far as I can tell that may be needed for
> running an executable (or debugging, which shouldn't differ from
> running) and for building a project.
>
> So the only case where one might want to have unified environment is
> when multiple projects need the same environment. So we'd need a way to
> make sure that the user can define this and then the widget should
> update the related projects when changes are made in one. (or have that
> as a button "propagate changes to related projects").

Basically it seems good, but how can we keep track of and store
the project relationships? I think that gains little benefit while
requiring much more coding.
Rather then storing relationships, we can just have some menu
where it installs common env variables to all( or selected ) already
opened projects. But that's not that big priority -- IMHO.

The current widget plus switching combobox seems sufficient,
at least for current state.
We can add and discuss more features when things get some shape.