Adding QtDesigner custom widget plugin for KConfigXT

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jul 8 09:25:27 UTC 2007

On 07.07.07 23:26:42, Matt Rogers wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2007, at 7:55 AM, dukju ahn wrote:
>
> > I'd like to port kdev3's environment variable widgets into
> > current makebuilder project setting page. Currently it uses
> > KEditListBox.
> >
> > I found that to be used with kconfig compiler, custom widget should
> > have name "kcfg_name" in qtdesigner file. That means, we have
> > no way but to add custom widget plugin for designer. kdelibs
> > already installs its own designer plugins.
> >
> > Is it allowed thing that kdevelop installs widget plugin for
> > qt designer? Or is there any simpler approach that custom widgets
> > are compatible with KConfigXT? I want to check before I start.
> >

> What happened to the environment stuff that we had recently that Adam
> had written?

IIRC that was part of the settings folder in lib/ which got nuked. I
just had a look, it seems to be feasible and a bit easier to use than
the kde3 one.

So I guess the widget from that should be put into
kdevplatform/lib/util.

Dukju: please fetch the lib/settings directory in kdevelop from revision
641348 and use the env-widget from there, it should be fully functional
and uses model/view for editing.

> IMHO, we need to unify the environment handling, which
> means having one place in the project options to configure it and
> having that apply everywhere.

IMHO thats not right. At least not if we want to allow to have multiple
run/debug setups for each project. Then you'll also want to have
different environment for each of them. So you'd also need a different
environment setting for the build process.

Your boss is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.