KDE/kdevplatform/shell

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 18:04:38 UTC 2007

2007/7/7, Alexander Dymo <dymo at ukrpost.ua>:
> On 7/6/07, Dukju Ahn <dukjuahn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Use documentController::closeDocument, rather than directly
> > remove views. It confuses hash table of documentcontroller.
> > +    Core::self()->documentControllerInternal()->closeDocument( doc->url() );
> When you close the file with the menu you don't want to close all
> views of that file (which might be as well in different windows, you
> just need to close the current view. So closing the document doesn't
> really works here because it will close all views.

Then do you imply that there could be different menu for each window?
If mainwindow's menu should act only on his views, then it sounds like
that other windows will have their own menu.

> But I suppose you found a bug, what was that?

When I close file using menu(or shortcut key ctrl-w), the IDocument hash
table in documentcontroller is not updated. In point of docCtrl's view, he
feels that certain document is still opened although I closed it via menu.