Future of teamwork plugin

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Fri Jul 6 12:21:03 UTC 2007

Am Freitag, 6. Juli 2007 14:02:13 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Sorry, thats broken logic to me. Creating a new class is as easy as
> Ctrl+N -> headername, Ctrl+N -> source name (plus selecting the right
> type so that kdevelop uses its templates and fills copyright header,
> include guards and basic include's). Or if you use the new-class-wizard
> its just 1 click + filling out a lineedit for the class name.
>
> Granted if you create new classes in a different directory all the time
> its a bit harder, because you've got to make the directory active but I
> think this is seldom the case as you normally work on 1 module at a time
> and we don't split our files yet that much across directories.

Well maybe I simply didn't know the right shortcuts yet. I haven't found use
for the class-wizard until now, maybe I should look at it. I had the feeling
that it's overkill for helper-classes.

But I think that in cases when a helper-class only makes sense in combination
with a main-class, there's nothing wrong in keeping them together. It makes
understanding what the helper does easier, because you see both of them at a
time, and see it in the right context. You do not need to search the whole
project to see what the helper-class is useful for.

Of course that changes a bit as soon as the helper-class can be used
separately by other parts.

However, I'm going to stop writing emails, and start working on kdevelop. It's
unbelievable how much time this consumes. :-)

greetings, David