2 Questions for Teamwork

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed Jul 4 17:43:46 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2007 19:28:01 schrieb David Nolden:
> Am Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2007 19:01:11 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as it was just "resurrected" I gave it a little test (two kdevelops on
> > the same computer) and got two questions:
> >
> > a) Do you plan an overhaul of the GUI? IMHO its unusable, cluttered and
> > missing various labels (not to mention the broken popup dialogs)
>
> Yes of course it needs an overhaul. It mainly needs a little work on the
> ui-files, one or two labels filled, and some stuff should probably go out
> of the tab into some configuration-dialog or sub-dialogs, but those didn't
> exist when it was created. I don't know whether there is a usable
> configuration-system now.

When I remember right, it also needs some work on the user-interface of the
little management tree-views, especially the management of the
file-collaboration. I couldn't get double-clicking to work reliably there,
but I was hoping anyway that the file-management there could be moved to some
more general widget(remember working file baskets). We'll see whether there
will be something usable for this purpose.