My notes to the BoF minutes

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jul 3 19:08:51 UTC 2007

On 03.07.07 21:49:10, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On 7/3/07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Or does that just mean that I should be able to edit the CMakeLists.txt
> > and the results show up in the simple gui? If thats the case I'm all for
> > it ;)
> Yes, basically we agreed that we should support Aleix's work on parser.

Uhm, yes of course. I thought that question was solved already as Matt,
you and me already explained quite extensively to Alexander N. why its
needed...

> > So whenever somebody wants to add a feature which uses an external
> > program or library, it would be nice of him to check wether it is
> > supported under windows and if not see if he can easily find a
> > replacement.
>
> And also we'd need to have a system with nightly builds on linuxes,
> macos and windows to make sure we know that the build is broken on
> some systems.

We already have that for linux (although it is run only every 8 hours
because its not possible to tell dashboard to update kdevplatform before
kdevelop). I don't think we need this now for the win32 port, we should
have it in place when the port approaches alpha stage, some time after
kde4.0 release. But again this needs to happen on a wider base, i.e.
whole of KDE (its not that slow using free compilers, although its
slower than on linux)

You look tired.