IProjectController

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jul 1 21:05:53 UTC 2007

On 01.07.07 15:45:28, Matt Rogers wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>
> > On 01.07.07 16:21:14, Jens Herden wrote:
> >> we have:
> >>
> >>     virtual IProject* projectAt( int ) const = 0;
> >>     virtual int projectCount() const = 0;
> >>     virtual QList<IProject*> projects() const = 0;
> >>

> >> Do we really need all of them? I think it should be OK to drop
> >> projectAt() and
> >> projectCount() .
> >
> > Well, according to our wiki we should drop QList<IProject*> projects()
> > const;
> > http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/Platform_API_TODO
> >
> > I added the two count/at methods specifically because of this note.
> >

> We need to keep all three of them. The first two that don't return a
> list are for scripting purposes (think usage from dbus commandline)

Aaah, that makes more sense, then just "Its hard to wrap such types
using QVariante/QMetatype" as in the wiki.

> and the one that returns the list is for C++ usage. IMHO, requiring
> index iteration from C++ is just plain stupid when we can use iterators.

Ok, this information needs to go into a prominent place. I'll see how I
can integrate that into our doxygen files tomorrow. Else this won't be
the last question of this type.

Good news from afar can bring you a welcome visitor.