RFC: KDevelop4 icons, what do we want/need?

Tue Jan 30 16:46:11 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 30 Jan 2007 IST, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > or
> > - Start Debugging keeps its icon, but is renamed to Restart when the
> > program is running. Pause gets its own steady place in the toolbar, and
> > is only enabled when the program is running.
>
> It won't work either. Now "Start" is renamed to "Resume" when debugger
> starts. And "Resume" is not the same as "Restart" -- "Resume" continues
> execution from the current position and "Restart" starts application from
> the start.

I dont know well about usability but; when the app is being debugged, it
would be a 'restart' button, when paused or before start, it would be a
start/continue button.

These apart, i would really request for a button that does "show line being
executed". This currently does not exist (AFAIK) and at times when browsing
through the source after a 'pause' i am unable to find my way back and i
need to do a step to know where i was. :-)
--
Cheers!
kitts