devcpp, code::blocks, psppad, notepad++, Eclipse etc...

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Jan 23 02:05:19 UTC 2007

On Jan 22, 2007, at 2:23 PM, Jakob Petsovits wrote:

> On Monday, 22. January 2007 21:08, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 22.01.07 20:07:28, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>> This is really nice and probably in most cases simply regexp-based.
>>> Nevertheless this works really good and better than the class
>>> view we
>>> have currently in kdevelop, because:
>>> -it shows only the stuff of the current file
>>
>> Not saying we should have this in KDevelop4, but in 3.4 you can
>> have the
>> classview automatically sync to the current file (or manually sync
>> it).
>> Thats not exactly the same, but you don't have to click through the
>> classview.
>
> KDevelop4's codeview has got three modes, one of them being named
> "Current",
> which displays all the code elements in the current file. (The
> other one
> being "Aggregate", which displays all of them, and the third being
> close to
> unnecessary.)

Normalize and Aggregate are nearly the same, with the one difference
between the two is that one of them (i think it's normalize) will
combine all the classes in a namespace into one namespace item,
rather than displaying more than one namespace item for the same
namespace.

> Now if the codeview didn't crash at least on my C# stuff (only in
> Aggregate
> mode though), you'd already have it there.
>
> Btw, Adam did not commit his code model improvements from aKademy,
> did he?

I don't know if he did or not. :(

> Next time you read a mail from me, I'll have a signature. Until
> then, bye,
>   Jakob

Matt