devcpp, code::blocks, psppad, notepad++, Eclipse etc...

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jan 22 20:08:02 UTC 2007

On 22.01.07 20:07:28, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Beside that, most of the editors/IDE have some "outline" view, which shows the
> functions/includes/class in the current open file in a list.

I never needed that in Eclipse, but then again I can see the use of it.
In KDevelop though I use the navigator to jump to different methods
inside a class..

> This is really nice and probably in most cases simply regexp-based.
> Nevertheless this works really good and better than the class view we have
> currently in kdevelop, because:
> -it shows only the stuff of the current file

Not saying we should have this in KDevelop4, but in 3.4 you can have the
classview automatically sync to the current file (or manually sync it).
Thats not exactly the same, but you don't have to click through the
classview.

You will be Told about it Tomorrow.  Go Home and Prepare Thyself.