Let's discuss the name for the KDevelop Platform (was The name of this project is KDevelop)

David Nolden david.nolden at art-master.de
Sun Jan 21 18:12:58 UTC 2007

Am Sonntag, 21. Januar 2007 18:37 schrieb Alexander Dymo:
> > Thus, I suggest to rename Koncrete back to KDevelop Platform, namespace
> > the lib/ classes with KDevPlatform:: and make one KDevelop 4 that rocks,
> > instead of two different KDevelops that are merely sufficient.
>
> Ok, there're several propositions so far:
> 1) what we have now
> namespace: Koncrete
> module in trunk/KDE: koncrete
>
> 2) Jakob's
> namespace: KDevPlatform
> module in trunk/KDE: ? (most likely kdevplatform, right?)
>
> 3) Roberto's
> namespace: none, just KDev prefix
> module in trunk: ?
>
> Other ideas were:
> kdevbase and kdevelopbase.
>
> What do people think?

I think "Koncrete" is a bit confusing, KDevPlatform is more logical, but it
looks a bit too long.

What about a namespace called "KDev"?
KDev::PluginController is great to read and easy to write.

Module kdevplatform.

My second vote would be KDevPlatform. It's just more logical. :)

Koncrete would probably be acceptable too once you get used to it, though a
message on the list that says "The new name of the kdevelop-platform is
Koncrete, it will contain ... and be used by ..." would have helped getting
used to it.

greetings, David