interfaces / implementations separation (was Let's discuss KDevelop4 interfaces and shell)

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat Jan 20 09:58:57 UTC 2007

On Fri Jan 19 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Or would this approach allow the shell to have a couple of interface
> implementation classes which only provide the same API as the
> interfaces define and everything else wouldn't even be exposed in
> terms of symbols in the library?

Yes, I'd be much happier if the shell would have some public APIs and
not everything exposed. It would be insane to totally lock down the
shell just because its in the platform. But it also isn't really
realistic to have an abstract shell API, as there are low chances that
somebody would reimplement it.

Andras