KDevelop holding on to large chunks of memory

David Nolden david.nolden at art-master.de
Fri Jan 19 14:59:12 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007 19:07 schrieb Nick Savoiu:

> > .cpp/.h files. If I delete the .pcs file to

> > session baloons to large amount of

> > valgrinds memcheck

> > > I don't think these would necessarily be leaks.
> >
> > They're more of an issue of ASAP releasing of memory
> > when not needed.
> >
> > Well, you'd still see where kdevelops memory is
> > spent so we would know
> > where exactly we need to look to know how to release
> > the memory.
>
> OK. I'll pull in 3.4 in a few days and give it a spin.
>
> Nick

Do you have "preprocess included headers" activated? From what date was your
used version of kdevelop?(it is tagged 3.3.94 for quite a while).

If you have "preprocess included headers" activated, the reason is probably
that headers are cached and the cache is not reduced enough when kdevelop is
idle. There's a "saveMemory"-slot in CppSupportPart that cares about that,
and should be called on a regular basis by a timer, so you could break there
using gdb and check if it really is executed.

greetings, David