Let's discuss KDevelop4 interfaces and shell

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Fri Jan 19 14:44:57 UTC 2007

On Friday 19 January 2007 03:07, Matt Rogers wrote:
> We already have this using the same extension interfaces mechanism we had
> in KDevelop 3.x. They work well so there's no point in getting rid of them.

I know ;) I was the one who created that for KDevelop3 :)
I'm pretty happy with the mechanism, we just need to do some more steps
so that plugins are not forced to keep BC.
See my mails from this thread:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop-devel&m=112617697012264&w=2

Especially the example from
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop-devel&m=112620787223741&w=2

And we can then clean up some things in lib/ like projectmanager (which is a
plugin and provide the interfaces). We can move the plugin to plugins/
where it belongs and leave just an extension interfaces in lib/.