useful stuff in lib/ (was Let's discuss KDevelop4 interfaces and shell)

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Fri Jan 19 14:39:30 UTC 2007

> A lot of things there are KDevelop specific and should be moved to other
> places. However, there are a lot of other things that should continue to be
> there and I would argue that the background parser is one of those.  Let's
> take a step back and look at what we want the platform to be. We want it to
> be an API that can be used to ease the creation of an IDE. In my mind, this
> is very similar to the Eclipse SDK. Every IDE that I've worked with
> operates on a language. That language will probably be parsed. Where is the
> problem in providing a common base that can be used to build off of for
> things like a background parser, code model, etc.?

Yes, you have a point here. We shall just put background parser to its own
directory and make a library (from your responce I guess that you agree
with that). We can do this with all other useful things like
editor integration, code models, whatever we have now in lib.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't want platform to be something "abstract".
I'm fine with keeping all that in lib/ but we just have to reorganize it and
in my opinion we can do that in this way:

(koncrete/ is what we call lib/ now)

koncrete/interfaces
	abstract interfaces for plugins to have access to platform stuff
koncrete/sublime
	my ui stuff
koncrete/shell
	core stuff like mainwindow implementation, plugin controler and
	other controllers, profile engine
koncrete/codeutils
	catalog, code model and code proxy, background parser
... (other subdirectories)