Let's discuss KDevelop4 interfaces and shell

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Fri Jan 19 12:32:53 UTC 2007

On Friday, 19. January 2007 13:05, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> I really don't think we can do the same in /trunk. KDevelop4 is huge (about
> 200.000 loc). It doesn't have usable UI. It already has support for 4
> programming languages and 4 project managers.

As far as the language support parts are concerned, I'm fine with moving C#
and Java out of the main tree anytime. They're not yet ready for mass
consumption anyways.

The question is, what do you gain with less extentions? They are not in the
core library and can be ported easily if something in lib/ changes.
Also, I remember that it was agreed not to include more than 5 languages in
KDevelop's main tree - C++, Java, C#, Ruby and (if someone implements it)
Python.

How long was it again till you're making your coding return? Next week?

Wishes,
  Jakob