Expanded support for functions in navigation menus (w/ patch)

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:30:58 UTC 2007

On 1/18/07, Kris Wong <wongk at seapine.com> wrote:
> Here is the second feature.  This is the first time I've submitted this
> one.
>
> This changes the "Navigate by" context menu a bit when right clicking on
> a function.  Instead of a single "Jump to [function signature]" entry in
> the context menu, there are instead 2 entries, "Jump to declaration" and
> "Jump to definition".  Jump to declaration behaves as before.  Jump to
> definition uses the declaration info and reuses most of the Switch
> Header/Implementation code to jump to the function definition.  If the
> definition can't be found in the code model, it jumps to the declaration
> instead.  The weakness being if the declaration is in the file
> "myheader.h" and the definition is in the file "somesource.cpp", this
> won't work (of course neither does Switch Header/Implementation).

Cool! I was going to look at adding this post 3.4.0 tag myself, but
even better if the code is already written. :) I'll have a look at
applying this (assuming the patch makes sense, I haven't looked at it
yet..). It has bothered me awhile now that we don't have this. Now
that jump to declaration works rather well I've taken to using that
and then immediately hitting the shortcut for switch. ;)

// jens