3.4 showstopper

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jan 15 21:54:13 UTC 2007

On 15.01.07 23:28:59, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Hi! Please postpone 3.4 tagging (which was planned for today).
> We apparently have a bug in Ruby debugger. Sometimes debugger
> doesn't stop on breakpoints, sometimes it complains about broken socket
> connection with KDevelop. Richard and Andreas know more and try
> to fix that.

So, one problem is that simple ruby projects provide their own dialog
for setting main app and arguments which doesn't provide. This is a
problem when requiring another file from the one that is beeing
debugged. This doesn't affect the special Ruby-Run-Action (that one
always uses the directory of the .rb file).

For kde-ruby projects the thing is different, it uses Automake project,
but it needs to use the global run options. This is all pretty messy,
because the debugger will use the .rb file set in the ruby options, but
the cwd from the run options. A simple way to solve would be to make the
debugger not use runDirectory function from project manager, but to read
the option set in ruby options. Richard wanted to think about this a bit
more.

The other things seem to be problems of the debugger, it wasn't change
lately.

The rdb toolview vanishes when stopping the debugger, after that I can't
debug and break on a simple project.

I need to start the debugger twice in a simple ruby project to stop at a
breakpoint. The first start just walks through everything and the
breakpoint indicator gets "activated" (i.e. from grey to red)

Somebody with some knowledge about the ruby debugger needs to look into
these last two.

Change your thoughts and you change your world.