branches/work/~zecke (silent)

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Jan 5 00:50:05 UTC 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 6:29 PM, Holger Freyther wrote:

> SVN commit 620011 by zecke:
>
> SVN_SILENT Start one of these I always wanted to do this or that
> things
>
> Use the KDevelop C++ parser to create a static analysis tool for KDE
> and Qt. Currently it is doing nothing at all but I don't want to lose
> nothing.
> test/1 and test/2 are the first things I want to detect properly and
> obviously this tool is inspired by findbugs
>
> The static checking code will be MIT licensed

which version of the parser are you using? it would be best to use
the one from trunk because that parser is already designed to be able
to handle things like this. do you plan to provide interfaces that
can be used by kdevelop to be able to use this static analysis tool
that you're going to do? even better would be to just have this in
kdevelop itself, and to provide a standalone app for use outside of
the ide. please join us on irc in #kdevelop, or on the kdevelop-devel
mailing list for some discussion if you can. hopefully we can work
together on it.

thanks
--
Matt