If you're not working on KDevelop 4, you should be

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Sun Feb 25 22:19:42 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 19:20, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 20.02.07 11:22:58, dukju ahn wrote:
> > VCS is one of the most important part in IDE. And that's why so many
> > people use eclipse. Someone should work on VCS.
>
> Surely, but nobody wanted to. One problem is that its rather hard to
> debug because its using ioslaves...

I've always thought that approach to be major over-engineering for subversion.
Subversion does use a protocol which is suitable for standards-based browsing
(webdav) and to a lesser extent modifying, but its own tools do much more
than that; they use local caches, transmit diffs etc.  We should ditch the
ioslave for 4.x and integrate with their client library.

Cheers,
Hamish.