Appwizard templates

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Feb 23 18:31:16 UTC 2007

On 22.02.07 19:49:10, David Parkin wrote:
> 	I would like to add a new template but the documentation seems mainly
> concerned with an old method.

Well, not all of the old method is wrong now.

> I am reading "How to add application
> templates to the application wizard part" the final part of which
> implies that the preceding three are no longer valid. Is this the case?

Yes/

> If so are there any docs which would help? (Even if unfinished).

Except the one you read? No, but the difference between the "old method"
and the current one is that you provide a <templatename>.kdevtemplate
file which describes how to install your template instead of some
scripting functions.

I suggest to take the khello.tar.gz and khello.kdevtemplate from
share/apps/kdevappwizard and have a look (and also have a look at
other templates).

You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far.  Especially
if they are dead.