Update for Switch Header/Implementation (w/ patch)

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Tue Feb 13 23:00:40 UTC 2007

Am Dienstag, 13. Februar 2007 15:09 schrieb Kris Wong:

> I am not sure how this would affect split-view any differently than the
> previous functionality.  The feature is still used in the same way and
> does essentially the same thing.  Perhaps you could elaborate a bit
> more?  The only time this code gets called is when the user does either
> a Switch Header/Implementation or a Jump to Decl/Def.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris Wong

Sorry if what I wrote wasn't clear enough. The problem is, that the
switch-header code is also used for synchronizing the split-view in split
header/source-mode. See CppSupportPart::slotCursorPositionChanged(). This
function also calls slotSwitchHeader(...) for the view-synchronization, and
may do it very frequently. Yes, that naming is not very clean. :)

I've done a very simple modification to your code so the iteration over the
whole project isn't done when performing automatic view-synchronization, and
commited it to svn. That should be ok for now. Thanks for the patch!

greetings, David