Intentation

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Tue Dec 25 18:12:01 UTC 2007

Hi,
one of my biggest problem with KDevelop as use is the way
source code indentation works:

1. There's auto-indentation provided by Kate, and (at least in
3.5) there's reformat feature, which uses completely different
code path -- and will given different results compared to
auto-indent.

2. It appears that some styles are just not possible (like
the gnu style).

I have those questions:

1. Anybody know off-hand if we can easily take over auto-indentation.

2. Any comments about using flexible indentation scheme, where
various "syntactic elements" are given specific indent, that can
be changed by user. That's how Eclipse and Emacs work, for example.

3. It it possible to extract syntax context from C++ parser (like,
"we're inside class", or "we're in namespace scope"?

Thanks,
Volodya