Multiple windows saving

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Tue Dec 11 18:19:01 UTC 2007

On Monday, 10. December 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 10.12.07 14:09:20, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> > Ctrl-Q is right next to close tab (Ctrl-W) on many keyboard layouts,
> > including US. Is that really a good idea? IMHO, something used that
> > rarely doesn't really deserve a shortcut by default except the ALT-F Q
> > that is the menu accelerator.
>
> Huh? Closing an application is rarely used? Apart from that if you find
> that you hit it accidentally, then change the shortcut. Ctrl+Q is the
> default in KDE for quitting an application and the same in almost any
> other App I've seen so far on my desktop.

No it's not, happens to me regularly in Konqueror when closing tabs.
Every two weeks or so maybe, but it's still annoying - in contrast, I think
I intentionally used the shortcut maybe once or so.

Kate is also prone to being closed accidentally, as will be KDevelop with
Ctrl-W-closable files. Short survey, does anyone here use Ctrl-Q for any
application?

(I do think that the shortcut should be reassigned to Ctrl-Shift-Q.
That would get rid of a lot of unnecessary trouble.)

... jakob