Multiple windows saving

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 10 12:05:21 UTC 2007

On 10.12.07 13:11:41, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 05:29:14 am Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > Should Alt-F4 ask if just the mainwindow, or entire application should
> > be closed? I'm really not sure.
>
> I'd think just the active main window, to do otherwise would be to go against
> what the user expects from every other app.  We should just use the quit
> shortcut (like in kontact, where alt+f4 closes eg. your composition window,
> but Quit in the main window closes everything).

That doesn't apply the same way to KDevelop. There is no "mainwindow" in
kdevelop4, there are multiple mainwindows. I do agree however that the
standard Alt+F4 shortcut should just close the active mainwindow. Ctrl+Q
however, should IMHO close the whole application.

Try the Moo Shu Pork.  It is especially good today.