UI questions

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Dec 9 15:52:49 UTC 2007

On 08.12.07 11:34:00, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Saturday 08 December 2007 01:49:08 Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > You mean, that we don't need drag-n-drop, and should use toolview buttons,
> > > or something else?
> >
> > No, I thought you wanted to automatically create a new toolview with a
> > tabwidget having the variable and stack frame widget. But I guess that
> > was just some misunderstanding on my side :)
>
> Well, there's quite possibly some confusion going on. What I mean is this:
>
> 1. We have a bunch of buttons on bottom.
> 2. When a button is clicked a dock widget is shown.
> 3. Inside that doc widget there's a single tool view widget.
>
> What I want is for a single dock widget to show several tool view widgets,
> alongside, without any tabs. I want such behaviour to be by default, but
> allow the user to move tool views.

My terms are a bit different. A dockwidget for me means QDockWidget. The
thing that pops up in the bottom when you press a button is a toolview
over here. Its content is just some widget.

That being said, yes, we're on the same page. Having the possibility to
have 2 widgets displayed in the lower toolview area is something I want
to have as well. I'm not sure wether both widgets would end up in the
same toolview (i.e. just one title+toolview buttons) or you'd get 2
toolviews that sit there side-by-side, i.e. two titles and each having
their own toolview buttons. But thats an implementation detail. Also
this would need drag'n'drop support obviously.

You have an unusual understanding of the problems of human relationships.