3 new templates for KDev3

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas webmaster at kdevelop.org
Tue Aug 28 08:14:43 UTC 2007

On Monday 27 August 2007 21:16:06 Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On 8/27/07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 24.08.07 18:29:44, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I guess we need to go the "publish the templates on our website" route
> >
> > :(
>
> Ok, this is the last straw....
> I propose we either
> 1) create a kdevelop/3.5 or kdevelop/3.4.5 branch
> or
> 2) unfreeze (both messages and featuress) KDE/3.5/kdevelop branch
>
> We could have then my ruby support features, Megan's astyle fixes and
> Andreas' templates and maybe something else. Looks like Amilcar has a
> reliable way to do fast binary releases so releasing that in 2-3
> months from now should not be a problem.

I propose something a bit different:
1. Branch
2. Count new strings (n)
3. Ask if n new strings are accepted,
      - if yes, merge brach back to mainline
      - if only k (k<n) messages are accepted, choose the most
       important k changes and merge them to mainline
4. We can still release KDevelop 3.5.0 from the new branch if necessary
5. Everybody is happy

The i18n people do agree to add new messages, but we need to tell them
HOW MANY first.

--
Amilcar Lucas
Webmaster