3 new templates for KDev3

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Aug 24 18:58:24 UTC 2007

On Friday 24 August 2007 11:29, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> having to deal with a "I want a truly empty project" guy on IRC again,
> I'm wondering if there are strong objections against 3 new templates:
>
> a) automake: Makefile.am + .kdevelop file, nothing more
> b) qmake: foo.pro + .kdevelop file, nothing else
> c) custom makefile: Makefile + .kdevelop file, nothing else
>
> The 3 buildsystem files would be completely empty as well, its just to
> keep our parsers happy.
>
> Objections? Comments? (its a 10 minute job and I'm willing to do it to
> make those people happy, plus those templates need zero maintenance)
>
> Andreas

Perhaps we should offer them on kdevelop.org instead? The occurance of the
next 3.5.x release for KDE is up in the air, and seeing as how we're not
really working on kdevelop 3.4, i'd rather not put out a separate release.

Not against the idea at all, but would rather provide our users an easier way
to get to the new templates rather than having to make a new release.
--
Matt