kdevplatform tries to link a static lib into a shared lib...

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Aug 21 12:03:10 UTC 2007

On 21.08.07 07:53:57, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 August 2007 06:03, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 20.08.07 23:57:08, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Please don't do this, this doesn't work on all platforms, sooner or later
> > > there will be problems. Just use the source files directly.
> >
> > No, the right solution is to make it a shared lib but there's nobody
> > with the time for that at the moment. If you have a suggestion how to
> > disable the plugin for all 64 bit I can quickly workaround the current
> > build-problems on such systems (its not working on win32 anyway).
>
> Is the problem detecting the 64bit build ?
> You could check CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P ?
> Of if some of the lib paths contain 64.
> Maybe also CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR, but that's not really reliable I think.

The problem is I have no idea how to check for 32 or 64 bit system
during cmake-time, so I could do something like

if(32bit)
  add_directory(teamwork)
endif(32bit)

I don't know what to fill in instead of 32bit and I didn't have the time
to go hunting for something yet.

Cheer Up!  Things are getting worse at a slower rate.