kdevelop 3.4 makeopts issue

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Mon Apr 30 17:01:11 UTC 2007

> I guess the problem here is the build system? I'm trying to
> understand how make can execute the compilation of
> propertyeditor.cpp before the *base files are generated...

It doesn't issue the compilation command before the .ui file is
generated.  Since make is running 3 processes simultaneously, though, it
issues these commands one immediately following the other.  Before uic
has had a chance to generate the header file, gcc has found an error in
the compilation of the .cpp file.  Make will then wait until all jobs
have finished before returning.  This way, when you run the make command
again the generated file is there.

Kris Wong