VCS Interface classes

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Apr 30 16:41:49 UTC 2007

On 30.04.07 18:03:50, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Monday, 30. April 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 30.04.07 16:32:55, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> > > On further thought, I really think this should apply to both directories
> > > AND files. After all, it may be a good thing to tell apart all the source
> > > files that have been left out of the repository from the "real files".
> > >
> > > That would (perhaps not important at all, but anyways) also provide a way
> > > to emulate an "export" action. Speaking of which, has this one been left
> > > out of the interfaces conciously?
> >
> > No, it was just forgotten :) And I'm not sure every VCS supports this,
> > but I guess it can be emulated...
>
> Dead easy.

I know :)

> > Also the export function in svn allows local or repository URL's, but I
> > think we should limit this to local urls for now.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > Actually at some point I wanted to split local and remote methods, so
> > remove methods would be in a separate interface....
>
> I'm glad that you did it this way instead :-]

Uhm, actually I was going to change that. After all we'll split the
methods anyway so I think it makes sense to have one interface which
works on the working copy (our basic interface) and another one which
allows certain remote things to happen, i.e. remote-copy/move,
remote-export and so on. That way we have can provide a repository
browser which is independant of the various VCS systems.

All the troubles you have will pass away very quickly.